Tuesday, January 6, 2015

34 Weeks of Clean -- Christmas Decorations

Sometime last December, I was talking about cleaning and organization with some of my homeschooling friends. My friend Michele (also an Air Force wife) decided to start a 34 week long cleaning challenge that will run for most of 2015. Every Friday she posts a new assignment, and my goal is to post some "after" the next week. Our first challenge was to put away all of our Christmas decorations.

We actually did not put up a lot of Christmas decorations this year. It seems like we jumped straight from Thanksgiving to our busy December schedule without much chance to get everything done the way I would've like to. The Christmas tree had taken over the living room, but there really weren't many things to be picked up elsewhere in the house.

Before:



After:



All of the ornaments are now nestled back into their designated storage bins in the garage, and the artificial Christmas tree is sealed back into its plastic storage bag. The pine wreath on our door still looks and smells nice so I haven't had the heart to take it down yet. I'll be able to easily slide the wreath hanger in the top of one bins when I decide that its time for the wreath to go out in the trash.

Once we had packed away the Christmas decorations, I got on a roll and started cleaning the rest of the living room. I even attacked the desk and surrounding area. (Since it's not easily seen from the rest of the house, I tend to ignore the mess that gathers there.)



It feels so nice to have a clean, organized corner of our house. I can't wait to see what next week's challenge brings.


If you'd like to join the challenge, you can find Michele's posts on her Family, Faith, and Fridays blog, on the Facebook page, or by clicking the button below. She will also be hosting a weekly link-up for any other bloggers who are brave enough to share pictures of their progress.


©2009-2015 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Cristi! So exCited you are joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't put much up this year either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good job! I still haven't clean the decoration! The kids love it so much, but I will do it this weekend for sure! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...