Monday, December 15, 2014

F is for Fireworks! {Years Ago}

This week I just couldn't decide on which Fireworks story to share as part of my "Years Ago" story series. I decided to share both.


When we first moved Washington DC, we heard about the wonderful the Fourth of July fireworks on the National Mall. We also heard about how many people would be down there and how they would stake out a good spot to sit early in the day. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of taking two children downtown so that we could sit in the heat for an entire day just to see the fireworks.

Thankfully, Tim came home from work one afternoon with a much better offer. Since he worked at the Pentagon, he was able to get passes so that we could watch the Fireworks from the Pentagon parade grounds. We were on the other side of the Potomac River from most of the crowds and the view was perfect.






The other fireworks experience took place a few years before we moved to Virginia. Tim and I had heard about a campground in Missouri, but we weren't sure if it would be suitable for taking Addison and Brennan. They got to spend some time with their grandparents, and we went camping by ourselves.


Our tent was nestled beside a river, and the weather was so mild that we didn't even have to put the fly on the tent. Late on the fourth of July, we realized that there were houses all along the opposite side of the river. The people in those houses must've spent a fortune on fireworks to set off. We were lucky to get to enjoy their independence celebrations while we rested in the tent.


As I started to wrap up this post, I remembered yet another fireworks story from the past. I guess it'll just have to wait until the next time I blog though the alphabet.


For most of the past year I've been sharing "Years Ago" stories as I've been Blogging through the Alphabet. There are so many stories left to share that I've started over again. This time I'm linking my posts with Kristi at The Potter's Hand Academy

Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...