Sunday, October 12, 2014

X is for Exhausted {Years Ago}

Every week, Lauren likes to ask me what my next years ago story for my blog is going to be. This week Addison was standing nearby when I said that "exhausted" was the best idea I had for the letter X. I had even picked out a few sleepy pictures of Brennan to share:


She said that I had absolutely had to tell the story of the church talent show in Virginia.

It was our first year living in Northern Virginia, and our church had a church-wide talent show in early December. I was sitting alone with Addison and Brennan because Tim was singing in one of the group numbers. Addison was 8, Brennan was nearly 5, and I was about six months pregnant with Lauren.

As the performances stretched on and the night grew later, Brennan stretched out on the pew beside me and fell asleep. The entire church grew quiet as a performer started playing on the harp. It was beautiful.

And then . . . Brennan started snoring. Not a little snore. A snore to put many grown-ups to shame. (The same snore that led to his tonsils being removed about a month later.) He was so loud that I'm certain half of our very large auditorium could hear him. I tried to wiggle him around so that he would stop, but nothing worked.

Thankfully the harp solo eventually ended and his snores were less noticeable during the rest of the performances. Brennan doesn't snore anymore, but there may always be pictures to share of him falling asleep nearly anywhere.



Ben and MeI'm sharing a "years ago" story (or stories) corresponding to each letter of the alphabet for the Blogging through the Alphabet challenge hosted by Marcy at Ben and Me. I often tell my children stories of things that have happened in our past, and now I'm taking the time to write down those treasured stories.

©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...