Friday, February 14, 2014

Random Five on Friday

1. Today is the last day of Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Week. Lauren was rocking her "I {heart} CHOP" shirt today, even though we spent a good portion of the day at appointments at her new hospital.


2. Eight years ago today, Lauren took her first breaths without the ventilator and the big kids finally got a chance to hold her.


3. If you'd like to read more about how Congenital Heart Disease still affects our family, I blogged about Heart Awareness Month last year (and shared one of my favorite pictures from her transplant wait).


4. Lauren drew a calendar on my bathroom mirror a week or so ago. I just realized that the weeks are all eight days long. I get two Sundays every week. Isn't that awesome!


5. This morning there was a beautiful full moon setting behind the mountains when I left home. By the time I could stop the car to take a picture, the scene had faded away. Sometimes beauty can't be captured.


If you'd like to join the Random 5 on Friday fun, you can either click on the cute birdhouse button below or visit The Pebble Pond.

The Pebble Pond

©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. That moon has been waking me early the past couple mornings, shining brightly through the blinds! I love the full moon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...